Bless and be blessed!
Want gorgeous glowing skin? Then you’ve got to put the work in! Peep these surprising tips for skin that really radiates from the inside out.
One of the key steps to looking healthy, beautiful and happy is making sure your skin shows it. People are generally more attracted to people who look like they take care of themselves, so banish those dark circles and spots with simple, easy advice.
Sure, you’ve heard that exfoliating your skin is important, but to achieve glowing skin, it is a must. Try exfoliators that contain alpha hydroxy acids, such as glycolic acid.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Cleansing Scrub; Lanelle Whitening Toner; Lanelle Bleaching Cream; Lanelle Glycolic Solution; Lanelle Glycolic Cream
2. Detox your body
The outside of your body reflects what’s going on inside of it. Skin conditions develop when the skin can’t do its job of eliminating toxins efficiently, which happens because the other eliminative organs are overloaded as well. Talk to a natural health care professional to find a detox program that works for you, or take a load off your system and benefit your skin by doing the following:
- Drink warm lemon water each day to help flush toxins from the body.
- Cut out sugar and alcohol for a few days (at least five) to give your body and skin a break.
- Up your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables to boost the amount of skin-saving nutrients you’re getting.
- Limit salty snacks, which can cause swelling and water retention.
3. Apply topical nutrition
Certain topical vitamins play an additional role in helping skin look younger and brighter as they defend against elements such as sun, stress and pollution that can damage collagen and accelerate the visible signs of aging.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Vitamin ACE; Lanelle Skin Nutrient Gel
4. Get your daily dose of vitamin C
Vitamins for skin are so important, particularly vitamin C, which is the key to achieving a bright, even complexion.
It should also be noted that when vitamin C and vitamin E are taken together internally, they have been shown to increase the ability of the skin to protect itself from sun damage. It has even been hypothesized that this combination might give your skin a natural sun protection (SPF) of 2. While this is no excuse to ditch the sunscreen, it is a great way to give your skin a fighting chance against the damaging rays of the sun. Look for products that combine vitamin C with gentle exfoliants and natural skin brighteners like bearberry, licorice, mulberry and brightening peptides.
5. Remember: Vitamins B and D are key
Vitamin B not only increases blood flow to your cells, but it’s also integral to skin generation and slowing the signs of aging. An increase in vitamin B in the system translates to a decrease in redness and irritation in the skin.
Take Vitamin D. If deficient in vitamin D, skin can appear sallow and more prone to congestion and breakouts.
6. Get some beauty sleep
Sleep affects your physical and mental well being. When you sleep, you’re allowing your body to begin the proper healing process. Try a melatonin supplement to help regulate your natural sleep cycles and get your body back on track. This will, in turn, lead to glowing skin.
The following vitamins for skin enhance your complexion and give you that gorgeous glow:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: salmon, spinach and walnuts
- Vitamin C: citrus fruits, chili peppers, bell peppers, dark leafy greens, broccoli
- Vitamin E: almonds, squash and grape seed oil
- Zinc: Greek yogurt
- Vitamin A: yams and sweet potatoes
- Lycopene: a great antioxidant found in tomatoes
- Drink plenty of water. It flushes out the toxins, and makes your skin glow. The cheapest yet most effective skincare product is staying hydrated, as it will naturally keep your skin moisturized.
- Wear SPF 30 sunscreen whenever you are in the sun. UV light from the sun damages your skin, and can lead to leathery or discolored patches. Apply 30 SPF sunblock every hour you are in the sun, and every 30-45 minutes if you are sweaty or swimming.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle SBF Collagen Cream; Lanelle Sunblock Cream (for dry skin) or Lanelle Sunblock Gel (for oily skin); Lanelle Nourishing Sunblock Gel
- Avoid touching your face with your hands. Don’t touch your face, even if your hands aren’t dirty, as they carry oils and bacteria that will make your skin lose its shine.
- Don’t try to squeeze your blackheads and pimples. They will disappear naturally.
- Keep your house and skincare products clean. Minimize the amount of contaminants on your skin by washing pillowcases once a week, cleaning make-up brushes every week or two, checking expiration dates on products, washing your hands before you touch your face, and by always washing off makeup before you go to sleep. Although foundation and concealer may cover up blemishes, excessive amounts of product may make the problem worse.
- Remove make-up as soon as possible. At the end of the day, when you come home, make sure to use cleanser on your face and neck to remove dirt, residual makeup. This opens up your pores so that your skin can breathe.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Cleansing Soap and Lanelle Clarifying Lotion for removing make-up
12. Apply Milk:
Milk is another wonderful natural way for glowing skin.
- Apply a very thin layer of low fat milk on your face
- Massage with upward strokes, till the milk is totally absorbed by your skin
- Wash your face with a mild face wash in the morning and pat dry
Milk not only helps to clear dark facial spots but also nourishes the skin as you sleep.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Milk Soap
13. Scrub & Moisturize:
- Use a mild exfoliator to cleanse your skin and pat dry
- Remove all traces of make-up
- When you wake up, use a mild exfoliator to clean your face.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Cleansing Scrub
14. For Your Eyes:
While you get the glow on your face, don’t forget the eyes! Constant exposure to computers and lack of sleep can leave you with dark circles. You can use these simple ways for healthy eyes:
- Use a comforting eye contour gel that works on hydrating the skin around your eyes as you sleep
- Use an eye mask to cover your eyes while you sleep
- Wash your eyes with cold water when you wake up
Your dark circles would not have vanished, but your eyes will look fresh!
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Soothing Eye Gel
- Apply a good moisturizer. Massage the cream into your skin for hydration and a dewy look.
- Use a moisturizer with at least SPF 15 to prevent premature aging from sun exposure.
- Look for moisturizer containing humectants like glycerin, propylene glycol or urea. Humectants attract water when you apply them to your skin and improve its hydration.
- Choose moisturizers with alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs). AHAs improve dead skin cell turnover, which results in decreased dryness, acne, wrinkles and age spots.
- Switch moisturizers according to the season. In the summer, use a lighter product. During cold months, choose something thicker and heavier.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Skin Nutrient Gel; Lanelle Wonder Cream; Lanelle Anti-Wrinkle Cream; Lanelle Luminous Goddess Gel
16. Get Glowing Skin with Tomato
Tomato is also a skin lightening agent. It also absorbs all the oil of your face and treat the open pores of your face. Make tomato pulp in the required quantity and apply it to your skin. Leave it for some time so that it dries. Rinse it off with water. Tomato gives your skin a pinkish glow.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle TomatoGlow Soap; Lanelle Tomato Kojic Soap
17. Get Glowing Skin with Oil Body Massage
Want to enjoy your weekends? Indulge in the hot oil body massage for relaxation and also to get fairer skin. Choose a base oil such as almond oil, coconut oil or olive oil. Apply this all over your body and massage well. Keep for 30 minutes and get into the shower. Hot oil massage increases the blood circulation all over the body and thus results in radiant skin.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Massage Oils
Forehead breakouts can be caused by a number of issues, including digestive problems, small intestine issues, liver issues, high levels of stress, irregular sleep cycle, poor diets and even reactions to hair products.
To combat forehead acne:
- 1. Breakouts across the forehead are often triggered by stress or sleep deprivation. Go to bed early. Even if you can’t fall asleep, it’s good to relax so your liver can rest and be ready for work the next day. Make sure to log 7 to 9 hours of beauty rest a night to keep your forehead clear.
- Cleanse your facial area, but just not too extensively clean. This is one of the most powerful ways to prevent acne! Washing your face two times a day is recommended, this will keep your forehead clean of any bacteria and everyday dead cells and dermis.
- Avoid applying make-up. Top rule for those who have acne is if you do not have to put make- up, do not make use of it! It is very good for the skin to have some makeup-rupture days, leaving the skin in its natural state.
- Apply moisturizer, believe it or not. It definitely works on building up a healthy skin. Plus, moisturizers help the skin to loosen up and let the pores drain bacteria, sebum and other dead cells from their inside, relieving the pimples and lesions.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out toxins
- Drink less soda and carbonated beverages. Avoid sugary drinks and foods.
- 20-30 minutes of light exercise every day, especially outdoors
- Practice relaxation techniques to worry less
- Eat healthy foods, chewing thoroughly to improve your digestion
- Reduce refined sugar in your diet
- Keep a daily food diary to see if your acne is related to certain food groups (like dairy)
- Practice better hygiene (i.e. washing bangs and hair, cleaning hats)
- Check if shampoos, conditioners, and hair products are irritating skin. Use gentle and mild shampoo and conditioner products. Probably you have heard that oily hair products are not recommended for acne, especially in the forehead, no exceptions! Oily products, excessive fragrances and heavy chemicals may drip off your hair and block the pores of your forehead leading to skin irritation and an acne breakout. Also, if you have oily hair you should consider washing it more often since much of this oil adds up to the oil on your forehead. Long hairs should also be kept out of your face.
- Clean your own pillowcase and bed sheets. This should apply for those who have very greasy skin. Acne pimples normally could be caused and worsened by not cleaning your pillow case, keeping your forehead immersed in oil from your own face and hair, germs and dirt every time you go to sleep. Be certain to wash your pillowcase twice per week.
Best to try: Lanelle Acne Treatment Set; Lanelle Lemon Arbutin Soap; Lanelle Anti-Acne Serum; Lanelle Tea Tree Soap
Nobody wants to smell nasty, but perspiration isn’t the problem. Sweat doesn’t stink. Body odor is caused by bacteria that live on the skin, breaking down the fats and proteins from sweat into aromatic acids.
In the past, people tried to mask unpleasant smells with perfume. Although many underarm products contain fragrance, the primary strategy is to reduce sweating.
Lanelle highly recommends Lanelle Sweat Stop Solution which effectively controls excessive sweating eliminating body odor.
Now this may solve the underarm odor or even the foot odor, but what if you still have that nasty smell coming from your entire body? We have here other recommendations, as follows:
- Rub lemon juice on your skin.Lemon juice is one of the most ancient remedies used for reducing body odor. Lemons contain citric acid; so by applying lemon juice directly over the skin, one reduces the pH of the skin making it more acidic. This acidity helps to limit the growth of bacteria. All bacteria, including odor-causing kinds, have a hard time surviving in a highly acidic environment.
Lanelle recommends: Use Lanelle Lemon Soap, spreading the soap’s creamy suds all over your body during bath time.
- Essential oils of lavender, pine and peppermint fight bacteria and smell pleasant. Some people have a skin reaction to certain oils, so test a small patch of skin before using them.
Lanelle recommends: Mix a few drops of Lanelle Lavender Massage Oil with the water you’ll use for rinsing after soap during bath time. Lanelle Lavender Massage oil contains pure essential lavender oil.
- Apply tea-tree oil to problem areas, as long as it doesn’t irritate your skin. It kills bacteria and also has a pleasant scent. Tea tree oil is known for its anti-septic properties as well as its strong but pleasant odor. When used as an external application, it kills the bacteria present on the skin and thus reduces toxin formation. You may dab a bit of tea tree oil onto excessively sweaty areas with a cotton ball to curb body odor.
Lanelle recommends: You may use Lanelle Opaque Tea Tree Soap during bath time. This soap is antibacterial. It continues to kill bacteria even after you’ve finished washing. If the soap doesn’t irritate your skin, use it daily.
- Take activated charcoal capsules daily. Body odor occurs as the result of the many toxins circulating in the body, which are then excreted through the skin. Activated charcoal helps by binding to the toxins in the body, thus reducing their ability to produce body odor. Activated charcoal can be taken internally in the form of capsules or applied externally. Internally, the capsule should be taken once daily for a period of 3 to 6 months to notice a beneficial effect.
Lanelle recommends: Use Lanelle Charcoal Oatmeal Soap which contains both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties: ideal for those with sensitive skin, for conditions such as eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis or anyone allergic to commercial soap because they don’t strip the skin of its natural, beneficial oils
- Try using orange peel. Orange peel is can be used locally to eliminate strong and offensive body odors. Oranges are a very rich source of vitamin C and contain ample amounts of citric acid. Like lemons, oranges reduce the pH of the skin and lead to a reduction in the growth of the bacteria on the skin.
Orange peel is mild and can be used by even those with a sensitive skin. Not only does it reduce body odor but also lightens the blemishes on the skin. It is an excellent natural remedy which is found in all the parts of the world and is very cost effective too.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Orange Bleaching Soap, with organic orange peels and special formulation, complete with stem cell ingredients that leaves your skin rejuvenated, glowing, firm, and definitely whiter! This soap also removes excess dirt, soot or bacteria that block your skin pores, resulting in the occurrence of pimples.
- Add tomato juice to your bathwater.Tomato juice is an ancient remedy for reducing body odor. Tomato juice has excellent anti-septic properties which makes it a great option for reducing offensive body odor. When the juice of tomatoes is used in bathwater it kills the bacteria present on the skin and consequently the presence of malodorous toxins is greatly reduced.
Lanelle recommends: Use Lanelle TomatoGlow or Lanelle Tomato Kojic Soap.
Other Techniques to Stop Body Odor
- Bathe twice a day. One must bathe twice a day, especially in the morning, as sweat and body odor builds up on the skin overnight. Bathing helps to keep the skin clean and fresh. It also removes unpleasant odors and using a fragrant soap/body wash adds a pleasant, fresh fragrance to the skin.
- Wear fresh cotton clothes.Cotton clothes allow the skin to breath, reducing the amount of sweat. Therefore, wearing cotton clothes keeps the skin healthy, dry and odor-free.
- Change your shirt every day– and probably twice a day during periods of warm or hot weather.
- Shave regularly under your arms.Armpit hair increases body odor because it traps sweat and bacteria.
- Avoid wearing closed footwear with socks for a long period of time.Closed footwear will lead to offensive odor from the feet if you sweat a lot, as there is lack of aeration. Aim to wear sandals, flip-flops or more breathable shoes as much as possible.
- Quit smoking and chewing tobacco.Smoking and chewing tobacco lead to the production of free radicals which damage the body. They also lead to the formation of bacteria on the skin, which emit bad odor.
Changing Your Diet:
- Drink lots of water.Water is an excellent solvent that flushes all the toxins from the body. Water is the most neutral substance and reduces the formation of bacteria in the intestines. Drinking around 8 to 10 glasses of water daily will help keep the skin healthy, hydrated and odor-free.
- Avoid fried foods and junk foods and vitamin B complex.One must avoid fried foods as they contain a high calorie content and increase a person’s basal metabolic rate, which leads to profuse sweating. Simple, unprocessed foods will reduce the sweating and also lead to overall better health. Excess vitamin B complex might lead to a fishy odor in sweat.
Bless and be blessed!