Dry skin may be caused or made worse by:
– Genetic factors
– Aging or hormonal changes
– Weather such as wind, sun, or cold
– Ultraviolet (UV) radiation from tanning beds
– Indoor heating
– Long, hot baths and showers
– Ingredients in soaps, cosmetics, or cleansers
Here are some tips for taking better care of dry skin:
- Take shorter showers and baths, no more than once daily.
- Use mild, gentle soaps or cleansers. Avoid deodorant soaps
- Don’t scrub while bathing or drying.
- Apply a rich moisturizer right after bathing. Ointments and creams may work better than lotions for dry skin but are often messier. Reapply as needed throughout the day.
- Use a humidifier and don’t let indoor temperatures get too hot.
- Wear gloves when using cleaning agents, solvents, or household detergents.
Strongly Recommended for the:
Face: Lanelle Collagen Elastin Cream; Lanelle Placenta Cream; Lanelle Gold Nutrient Cream; Lanelle SBF Collagen Cream
Body: Lanelle Skin Moisturizing Lotion; Lanelle Collagen Elastin Lotion