1. Man’s skin tends to be more deeply pigmented
2. The skin of a man is thicker than the skin of a woman and has more collagen, therefore women tend to age faster than men. – means a larger anti-ageing market for women
3. Women have more subcutaneous fat — that is fat below the skin — than men. Therefore women suffer from cellulite.
4. Men tend to have oilier skin than women.
Men secrete more sebum (oil) and they secrete it throughout life. Women stop secreting sebum after menopause, therefore the skin looks coarser and drier as the woman ages.
5. Men sweat more than women and the sweat stays on the body longer. Men also have more body hair and therefore more surface area for bacteria to colonize.
6. Skin is drier in women than in men. The female skin is also more functionally responsive than the skin of men Therefore female skin has a greater tendency to redness and to irritation to skin care products and so women are said to have tender skin.
7. Facial stinging is also more prevalent in women and therefore we must test facial products and cosmetics more rigorously for sensitive skin in women.
8. Men tend to have a larger pore structure than women.
9. Due to lack of knowledge and education on how to treat their skin, men tend to suffer more environmental damage than women.
Now that you know, you will have better judgement on what skin care products you may recommend to your male and female friends.
Bless and be blessed!