Want gorgeous glowing skin? Then you’ve got to put the work in! Peep these surprising tips for skin that really radiates from the inside out.
One of the key steps to looking healthy, beautiful and happy is making sure your skin shows it. People are generally more attracted to people who look like they take care of themselves, so banish those dark circles and spots with simple, easy advice.
Sure, you’ve heard that exfoliating your skin is important, but to achieve glowing skin, it is a must. Try exfoliators that contain alpha hydroxy acids, such as glycolic acid.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Cleansing Scrub; Lanelle Whitening Toner; Lanelle Bleaching Cream; Lanelle Glycolic Solution; Lanelle Glycolic Cream
2. Detox your body
The outside of your body reflects what’s going on inside of it. Skin conditions develop when the skin can’t do its job of eliminating toxins efficiently, which happens because the other eliminative organs are overloaded as well. Talk to a natural health care professional to find a detox program that works for you, or take a load off your system and benefit your skin by doing the following:
- Drink warm lemon water each day to help flush toxins from the body.
- Cut out sugar and alcohol for a few days (at least five) to give your body and skin a break.
- Up your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables to boost the amount of skin-saving nutrients you’re getting.
- Limit salty snacks, which can cause swelling and water retention.
3. Apply topical nutrition
Certain topical vitamins play an additional role in helping skin look younger and brighter as they defend against elements such as sun, stress and pollution that can damage collagen and accelerate the visible signs of aging.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Vitamin ACE; Lanelle Skin Nutrient Gel
4. Get your daily dose of vitamin C
Vitamins for skin are so important, particularly vitamin C, which is the key to achieving a bright, even complexion.
It should also be noted that when vitamin C and vitamin E are taken together internally, they have been shown to increase the ability of the skin to protect itself from sun damage. It has even been hypothesized that this combination might give your skin a natural sun protection (SPF) of 2. While this is no excuse to ditch the sunscreen, it is a great way to give your skin a fighting chance against the damaging rays of the sun. Look for products that combine vitamin C with gentle exfoliants and natural skin brighteners like bearberry, licorice, mulberry and brightening peptides.
5. Remember: Vitamins B and D are key
Vitamin B not only increases blood flow to your cells, but it’s also integral to skin generation and slowing the signs of aging. An increase in vitamin B in the system translates to a decrease in redness and irritation in the skin.
Take Vitamin D. If deficient in vitamin D, skin can appear sallow and more prone to congestion and breakouts.
6. Get some beauty sleep
Sleep affects your physical and mental well being. When you sleep, you’re allowing your body to begin the proper healing process. Try a melatonin supplement to help regulate your natural sleep cycles and get your body back on track. This will, in turn, lead to glowing skin.
The following vitamins for skin enhance your complexion and give you that gorgeous glow:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: salmon, spinach and walnuts
- Vitamin C: citrus fruits, chili peppers, bell peppers, dark leafy greens, broccoli
- Vitamin E: almonds, squash and grape seed oil
- Zinc: Greek yogurt
- Vitamin A: yams and sweet potatoes
- Lycopene: a great antioxidant found in tomatoes
- Drink plenty of water. It flushes out the toxins, and makes your skin glow. The cheapest yet most effective skincare product is staying hydrated, as it will naturally keep your skin moisturized.
- Wear SPF 30 sunscreen whenever you are in the sun. UV light from the sun damages your skin, and can lead to leathery or discolored patches. Apply 30 SPF sunblock every hour you are in the sun, and every 30-45 minutes if you are sweaty or swimming.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle SBF Collagen Cream; Lanelle Sunblock Cream (for dry skin) or Lanelle Sunblock Gel (for oily skin); Lanelle Nourishing Sunblock Gel
- Avoid touching your face with your hands. Don’t touch your face, even if your hands aren’t dirty, as they carry oils and bacteria that will make your skin lose its shine.
- Don’t try to squeeze your blackheads and pimples. They will disappear naturally.
- Keep your house and skincare products clean. Minimize the amount of contaminants on your skin by washing pillowcases once a week, cleaning make-up brushes every week or two, checking expiration dates on products, washing your hands before you touch your face, and by always washing off makeup before you go to sleep. Although foundation and concealer may cover up blemishes, excessive amounts of product may make the problem worse.
- Remove make-up as soon as possible. At the end of the day, when you come home, make sure to use cleanser on your face and neck to remove dirt, residual makeup. This opens up your pores so that your skin can breathe.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Cleansing Soap and Lanelle Clarifying Lotion for removing make-up
12. Apply Milk:
Milk is another wonderful natural way for glowing skin.
- Apply a very thin layer of low fat milk on your face
- Massage with upward strokes, till the milk is totally absorbed by your skin
- Wash your face with a mild face wash in the morning and pat dry
Milk not only helps to clear dark facial spots but also nourishes the skin as you sleep.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Milk Soap
13. Scrub & Moisturize:
- Use a mild exfoliator to cleanse your skin and pat dry
- Remove all traces of make-up
- When you wake up, use a mild exfoliator to clean your face.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Cleansing Scrub
14. For Your Eyes:
While you get the glow on your face, don’t forget the eyes! Constant exposure to computers and lack of sleep can leave you with dark circles. You can use these simple ways for healthy eyes:
- Use a comforting eye contour gel that works on hydrating the skin around your eyes as you sleep
- Use an eye mask to cover your eyes while you sleep
- Wash your eyes with cold water when you wake up
Your dark circles would not have vanished, but your eyes will look fresh!
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Soothing Eye Gel
- Apply a good moisturizer. Massage the cream into your skin for hydration and a dewy look.
- Use a moisturizer with at least SPF 15 to prevent premature aging from sun exposure.
- Look for moisturizer containing humectants like glycerin, propylene glycol or urea. Humectants attract water when you apply them to your skin and improve its hydration.
- Choose moisturizers with alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs). AHAs improve dead skin cell turnover, which results in decreased dryness, acne, wrinkles and age spots.
- Switch moisturizers according to the season. In the summer, use a lighter product. During cold months, choose something thicker and heavier.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Skin Nutrient Gel; Lanelle Wonder Cream; Lanelle Anti-Wrinkle Cream; Lanelle Luminous Goddess Gel
16. Get Glowing Skin with Tomato
Tomato is also a skin lightening agent. It also absorbs all the oil of your face and treat the open pores of your face. Make tomato pulp in the required quantity and apply it to your skin. Leave it for some time so that it dries. Rinse it off with water. Tomato gives your skin a pinkish glow.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle TomatoGlow Soap; Lanelle Tomato Kojic Soap
17. Get Glowing Skin with Oil Body Massage
Want to enjoy your weekends? Indulge in the hot oil body massage for relaxation and also to get fairer skin. Choose a base oil such as almond oil, coconut oil or olive oil. Apply this all over your body and massage well. Keep for 30 minutes and get into the shower. Hot oil massage increases the blood circulation all over the body and thus results in radiant skin.
Lanelle recommends: Lanelle Massage Oils